The purpose of auto insurance is to protect you and your car should there be damage caused by a road accident, vandalism, or catastrophic loss. Car insurance is like a safety net that is all drivers are recommended to have. However, before purchasing a policy, there are certain things you should know about auto insurance. Western Republic Insurance Services serving clients in Huntington Beach, CA prepared a list of some of them:
Types of Auto Insurance
There are three main types of car insurance, including the following:
- Liability protection. Covering damages for injuries and property damage.
- Collision coverage. It covers damage to your car.
- Comprehensive coverage. It pays for the repair or replacement of your vehicle if it was damaged in an incident that is not a collision.
The Price of Auto Insurance
There are certain factors that determine the cost of car insurance, including the following:
- Gender, age, and marital status. According to statistics, young male drivers are more likely to get involved in a car accident. Therefore, for them, auto insurance will be more expensive
- The area you live. If you live in an area with a high crime rate, you will have to pay more for the insurance.
- The credit score. Many insurance companies consider the credit score when calculating premiums. Drivers with a high credit score usually pay less for car insurance because statistically, they have fewer accidents.
Using Your Vehicle For Business
If you decided to use your car for business purposes, you need to talk to your insurance company and get an "endorsement" to your current standard car insurance.
If you are thinking of insuring your car in Huntington Beach, CA and are looking for a trustworthy insurance agency, Western Republic Insurance Services is ready to assist. We help our clients to find a perfect policy based on their unique needs and requirements. If you have any questions, you are welcome to give us a call at any time.